About Me

My photo
I have a studio where I get to work and play every day; love it! I'm one of those displaced workers you here about so I do freelance work for companies on occasion but my main priority right now is to support myself doing what I love, which is art and design.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

River Walking with Avery

I've been here at my daughter's house (apartment) to care for Avery, my 10 yr old grandson, while she is working in San Francisco. We get along great most of the time but we have both been shut up in our rooms for what seems days! He on his game systems or watching Netflix and I on etsy, blogging, or reading...

We've been living like hermits after our one trip to Taco Bell and to get groceries! It is sooo dang gorgeous outside this week and I did at least open windows for fresh air and little breezes, but today the sunshine was calling... wooing me to power off my laptop, pack a goody bag and walk by the river.

So I gave in and it wasn't too hard to get Avery to join me with some snacks and allowing him to bring one of those pocket game versions. We had a lovely walk through the few blocks to the boarded riverwalk, strolled along under the trees full of hanging spanish moss... this little town is truly a gem! I lived in this area myself for many years, albeit closer to the ocean in the thick of the resort traffic and hub-bub. I wish I had come inland 10 miles to enjoy the history and charm of Conway, SC.
It's Me!
Avery ;)

 I don't have any pictures of the town to post right now... I mistakenly took the wrong camera with me but I plan to walk again tomorrow and take plenty!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely walk with Avery... I'd like to see pictures of the town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cyndie- I wanted to let you know that I've given you an award of sorts! Take a peek at my latest blog post for the details:

    http://dreamsoffae.blogspot.com/2011/02/and-now-for-awards.html

    Hugs,
    Taylor Lynn <3

    ReplyDelete