About Me

My photo
I have a studio where I get to work and play every day; love it! I'm one of those displaced workers you here about so I do freelance work for companies on occasion but my main priority right now is to support myself doing what I love, which is art and design.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Southern Nature Jewelry Maker

I recently joined a team of artists that are fast becoming like family... you know how I feel about family!
One lady on the team makes FANtastic jewelry that reminds me of the beauty found in nature. All of her work is good and deserves oohhs and ahhs. Some of her pieces are truly ART! Go to Momadonna's shop for hours of enjoyable shopping pleasure!

A few of my favorites:
Can you see the possibilities- how many outfits you can dress up with this colorful and funky flower- LOVE IT!
these sweet little earrings make me remember summer walks down a dirt road, stopping to sip the nectar from honeysuckle... oh to be ten again!
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... perfect little BumbleBees! and no fear of stepping on them when barefoot if they're resting on your ears! Great color for year round wear. Bumble Bees are a lucky symbol too, aren't they?

See more treasures from Momadonna here!

One reason I want you to see Momadonna's work is she is going through a really hard time right now. In my last post, I told you how I've been reminded about the important things in life. So, this lovely lady's story really touched my heart. I had to go immediately and check out her shop and now I'm sharing it with you.

Her husband is in the hospital. He had surgery Friday a week ago and is still in ICU. She has been spending all her time with him... so nobody is working bringing income in. They are both self-employed during these difficult economic times and now they are struggling.

My heart and prayers go out to them. This is a way we can help a total stranger. That's one of those things that make us human, shows we have a heart, that we care for something or someone other than ourselves....
ok, I'm off the soapbox. Show some support any way you can and buy a lovely piece of jewelry for yourself or your mom or your sister or that BFF for Valentine's, Mother's Day or birthday.

It's a nice thing to do, y'all!
You can see a very nice sampling of this jewelry designer's work in this treasury curated by New Creationz, another terrific artisan worth checking out!

6 comments: